Saturday, September 1, 2012

6 Years!!

Bryce finally turned six!  I say finally because he felt like most of his friends have been six for a while and that he had to wait so long for this birthday.    Like two of his other six-year-old friends before him, he wanted a Star Wars party.  


He decided he only wanted a couple games and then to just do whatever they wanted in between.  I was happy with that because it required not much planning.  However, when all of his little friends came over and got a hold of their light sabers (made out of pool noodles) it got really crazy really fast.
Kids were getting hurt and we had to put away the sabers a few times.  It was then that I realized that our two planned games were not enough!

Luckily Mike and I made up additional games on the spot that only required balloons and light sabers.  They seemed to be a hit!


Bryce opening up his presents.  All of his friends gave him some really good, thoughtful presents and he loved every one of them.



After presents and cake, Mike decided to take the boys into the living room and hit some asteroids (balloons) around.  For some reason the game turned into "let's beat up on Bryce's Dad".  Ha!  Mike didn't know what he was getting himself into and I sat back and took pictures and laughed.  Little did I know what was in store for me later...


Of course Mike needed a little revenge after that.  Look at the intensity on his face here.  Watch out kid!



Oh man, I was hoping Bryce wouldn't remember that he wanted a visit from Darth Vader during his party, but in the last ten minutes he suddenly remembered.  Mike refused to do it (I don't blame him), and here's what happened.  I put on my cheapo printed Darth mask and all 7 boys went to town wailing on me.  Let me just say it hurt more than I thought it would.

The fetal position became my only option at that point.

Overall it was a great party for Bryce and we were so glad that he got to share it with some of his best friends.  He loved every minute of it.

1 comment:

  1. Way to take one for the team, Darth Amanda. Way to go.

    ReplyDelete